My Photo
Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

In Sept./05 I was diagnosed with Primary Mediastinal Large Diffuse B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. The tumour in my chest measured 10cm x 10.6cm x5cm. After I completed 6 rounds of CHOP-R chemotherapy, a CT Scan in Jan.06 showed that my tumour had decreased by well over half the original size. A Gallium Scan showed negative for cancer cells in my mass. We decided to do 2 more treatments to be sure we killed any remaining cancer. We now had to decide if I should proceed with radiation. Did the risks of radiation outweigh the benefits? My hematologist and radiation oncologist had excellent arguments for both sides of the coin. The decision was to be mine. They set up appointments for me to see doctors in Toronto and Vancouver for 2nd opinions. In Vancouver I had a PET/CT Scan (a superior machine to a Gallium Scan) to see if my tumour was active. On March 17th this scan revealed that my tumour WAS still active and had INCREASED in size from an early scan. This meant that I had Relapsed or Refractory NHL....my best chance for cure was a Stem Cell Transplant. In my blog, I will describe what I am going through before, during and after my transplant.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day + 4 Morning Update

Nurse Lisa shampooing my hair!

Hello All, this is Angie's sister Coleen posting for Angie and Mom today. Here is the day so far:
Angie slept pretty well last night. This morning she got up around 7:30, went to brush her teeth and puked. She then managed to walk up and down the hall twice, then had some jello and then puked. She then decided to try and look pretty for me, so Mom helped her with her bath, then she puked. Then the nurse washed her hair, she got back into bed, decided to rest, and then you guessed it, she puked. I then arrived, and she has been nice enough not to puke since I got here. Although she has warned me that it is coming soon. All in all, between pukes she is resting comfortably and watching a bit of the golf. For those of you who know mom, watching the British Open is the only option for the television today. (So she can peek at it between pukes)

Oh, her quote of the day is "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall". (Confucius)
BUT we decided to change it today to "Our greatest glory is not in never puking, but in rising every time we puke". (Banks girls, 2006)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you smiling - though not surprised.Only you could puke that much and still be smiling! Hang in there! Rhonda.

1:40 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The quote switch is hilarious! I love, love, love that you guys are keeping a sense of humor in the midst of the puke-fest!

Ok, so since you brought up the topic of the hair-washing -- how in the world is it that you got to keep that full head of hair???? I fully expect to go through this thing looking like an alien!! You've got to have some kind of crazy-good karma working in your favor or something, Angie.

I'm with Rhonda -- it is wonderful to see you smiling in those photos. Obviously I don't know you, so my frame of reference is limited to what you've shared in this blog, but I can sincerely say that with the way your amazing spirit shines through all your posts, I'm not too surprised either. IMPRESSED, but not altogether surprised. It's clear you come from good stock. :)

I'm still smiling over the new quote. :)

4:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puke...puke...puke...!!!!You guys sure have a great sense of humor through all of this!!!Another few days Angie and you will start to feel better....you can do it!!!
Jessie and Jasper are fine...they are sleeping now.Hang in there girl!!!Have a good night's sleep.
Love you!!!
Sue and Andrea

8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I agree with Rhonda and Sarah--- so good to see your sense of humor coming through. Im also happy to see you have such great company with you. Im thinking of you...take care

Cheryl M

9:06 pm  
Blogger jeannie said...

Remember when Jessie puked in your sleeping bag in Keji while we were backpacking?

Jeannie

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home