My Photo
Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

In Sept./05 I was diagnosed with Primary Mediastinal Large Diffuse B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. The tumour in my chest measured 10cm x 10.6cm x5cm. After I completed 6 rounds of CHOP-R chemotherapy, a CT Scan in Jan.06 showed that my tumour had decreased by well over half the original size. A Gallium Scan showed negative for cancer cells in my mass. We decided to do 2 more treatments to be sure we killed any remaining cancer. We now had to decide if I should proceed with radiation. Did the risks of radiation outweigh the benefits? My hematologist and radiation oncologist had excellent arguments for both sides of the coin. The decision was to be mine. They set up appointments for me to see doctors in Toronto and Vancouver for 2nd opinions. In Vancouver I had a PET/CT Scan (a superior machine to a Gallium Scan) to see if my tumour was active. On March 17th this scan revealed that my tumour WAS still active and had INCREASED in size from an early scan. This meant that I had Relapsed or Refractory NHL....my best chance for cure was a Stem Cell Transplant. In my blog, I will describe what I am going through before, during and after my transplant.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Day +155 AS CHRISTMAS NEARS

Everything is still going well & I have especially felt better in the past week. I am still just going for walks, however, I will to start doing light weights & back to pilates in January. It is like I am starting over again with my Fitness.....another challenge but one I will enjoy!

My last blood work on December 14th showed improvement.....everything except my White Count is in the "normal" range. My White Count was a 2.8 & my ANC was basically at 2000 (that is approaching normal). So nothing to complain about there.
My next appointment to see my hematologist, Dr. Anderson is Jan.5th....just a routine check-up.

We are completely ready for Christmas....& now all that is left is the fun of visiting & entertaining family & friends......

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS & HEALTHY & HAPPY 2007!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Angie. What good news you have sent everyone in this writing. I wish you, Sue, Mum and Dad one of the best christmases that you have ever had. You continue to get strong, and have a Happy and HEALTHY New Year.

Cousin, Mary

11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
Was talking to Sue yesterday and got a brief update. Have a great Christmas, hope to see you both sometime over the holidays. Please say hi to your Mum and Dad for us.
With Love,
D + L

1:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Wish for You in 2007
May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............



May 2007 be the best year of your life to date!!!


all the best! ann & janet

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home