My Photo
Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

In Sept./05 I was diagnosed with Primary Mediastinal Large Diffuse B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. The tumour in my chest measured 10cm x 10.6cm x5cm. After I completed 6 rounds of CHOP-R chemotherapy, a CT Scan in Jan.06 showed that my tumour had decreased by well over half the original size. A Gallium Scan showed negative for cancer cells in my mass. We decided to do 2 more treatments to be sure we killed any remaining cancer. We now had to decide if I should proceed with radiation. Did the risks of radiation outweigh the benefits? My hematologist and radiation oncologist had excellent arguments for both sides of the coin. The decision was to be mine. They set up appointments for me to see doctors in Toronto and Vancouver for 2nd opinions. In Vancouver I had a PET/CT Scan (a superior machine to a Gallium Scan) to see if my tumour was active. On March 17th this scan revealed that my tumour WAS still active and had INCREASED in size from an early scan. This meant that I had Relapsed or Refractory NHL....my best chance for cure was a Stem Cell Transplant. In my blog, I will describe what I am going through before, during and after my transplant.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Photo of 2nd Hospital Stay

This is a photo of Sue, Angie, Cousin Marie in front row.
Emily(daughter of Marie & my 2nd cousin), Uncle Gerry & Aunt Madeline(Dad's sister) in back row.
This photo was taken a few day's after I was admitted in hospital for a Staph Infection. Obviously, I was feeling much better & the antibiotics had started working.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi angie
this is really cool and i feel like i can just look in on you when ever and where ever i want.
we think about you alot and are sending alot of alberta energy your way! keep moving.....
here are two internet hugs and some kisses too!
L & J

11:35 pm  
Blogger jeannie said...

Good luck Thursday--and Friday. You know that we'll all be checking this blog to find out what your tests are showing.

How about a picture of Jessie and your other dog?(Is it Jericho or am I way off on the name?)

Stay well---

Jeannie

6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home