My Photo
Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

In Sept./05 I was diagnosed with Primary Mediastinal Large Diffuse B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. The tumour in my chest measured 10cm x 10.6cm x5cm. After I completed 6 rounds of CHOP-R chemotherapy, a CT Scan in Jan.06 showed that my tumour had decreased by well over half the original size. A Gallium Scan showed negative for cancer cells in my mass. We decided to do 2 more treatments to be sure we killed any remaining cancer. We now had to decide if I should proceed with radiation. Did the risks of radiation outweigh the benefits? My hematologist and radiation oncologist had excellent arguments for both sides of the coin. The decision was to be mine. They set up appointments for me to see doctors in Toronto and Vancouver for 2nd opinions. In Vancouver I had a PET/CT Scan (a superior machine to a Gallium Scan) to see if my tumour was active. On March 17th this scan revealed that my tumour WAS still active and had INCREASED in size from an early scan. This meant that I had Relapsed or Refractory NHL....my best chance for cure was a Stem Cell Transplant. In my blog, I will describe what I am going through before, during and after my transplant.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Comments

Hi Everyone,

Please note that any comments you post will not immediately show up on my Blog. All comments will be read by me first & then I publish them on the site. I was advised to do this in case a stranger finds my site and posts something inappropriate. After all this is a family G rated web site :)!!

Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie

You are a very brave and courageous lady. Our thoughts are with you all the time and you are on our daily prayer list. Barb enjoyed a great telephone conversation with your Dad.
Keep up that positive attitude as it can do wonders.

Love Barb & Don

12:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Angie!!!
Both Andrea and I are so happy with the results of your CT scan.It was an anxious day to say the least.That was the best news you could have got at this time...now we move on to the next phase.A fire tonight is a nice way to celebrate!!!!!
Love Sue and andrea

8:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
Andrea sent us your blog site which we both thought was a wonderful idea for so many reasons. Sue M. has kept me up-dated on what has been happening with you as we are both a little hesitatnt to phone in case you are sleeping, not feeling well, fielding other calls or a number of other things that keep you busy. We think of you often,would like to visit if and when you are feeling up to it. Take care, our love to Sue A. as well.
Deb and Linda

11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

We've finally figured out how to see your blog, and we're really impressed. You've done a great job with it and we've enjoyed following along with your progress. Love the pictures you've attached and we feel honoured to have a picture on your site too!!
We'll check back a lot now to see how you're doing.
Having beautiful weather here in Niagara and are looking forward to seeing you and Sue here to bike along the beautiful Niagara river.
Miss you! Always thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Love from Marie and Emily

11:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,Thanks for the e-mail and we are glad you are enjoying our thoughts. We are having a beautiful day here and have been busy all day. We hope this finds you feeling good. You have come a long way. Looking so forward to seeing you in the fall. Love you TnT

10:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home